The research proposal will be subject to modification throughout the development of the programme. These modifications may be related to:
- Changes in the title of the research proposal
- Changes in the structure of the initial research proposal
The student must apply for the request through the Laurea Academic application, and it must be validated by a tutor or supervisor.
Depending on the assessment:
- Approved modifications that do NOT require the Ethics Committee approval: the secretary and director shall validate the research proposal. The EIDUCAM Academic Registry will register the modification in the UCAM Research Proposals Database and will notify the doctoral student. In case of modification in the thesis supervision, EIDUCAM will officially communicate it to the supervisor/s and tutor.
- In the case that, due to substantial changes, the Academic Committee of the programme understands that a proposal needs to be assessed and approved again by the Ethics Committee, its secretary shall refer it to said committee. Once assessed, the Ethics Committee shall send its report to the EIDUCAM Academic Registry son that it can:
- In the event of a FAVOURABLE report: the modifications shall be registered in the Research Proposals Registry of UCAM, and the doctoral student will be notified. In case of modification in the thesis supervision, EIDUCAM will officially communicate it to the supervisor/s and tutor.
- In the event of an UNFAVOURABLE report: it will be forwarded to the Academic Committee of the programme to inform the candidate of the modifications to be made.
- In case of unapproved proposals: The Academic Committee will notify the doctoral student of the modifications to be made and the deadline for its new submission.