The aim of this PhD Programme is to train PhD student to be specialist researchers in the interdisciplinary field of the Social Sciences by developing the entire research process necessary for the writing and defence of a PhD thesis.
Students who complete this PhD Programme have the opportunity:
- To pursue a university lecturer career.
- To join specialised scientific research bodies and institutions.
- To embark on a career in business with a strong emphasis on research and innovation.
Acquired competences in accordance with the Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education (MECES).
The competences acquired on completion of the programme are:
- Systematic understanding of a field of study and mastery of related research skills and methods.
- Ability to conceive, design or create, implement, and adopt a substantial research or creative process.
- Ability to contribute to expanding the frontiers of knowledge through original research.
- Ability to critically analyse, evaluate and synthesise new and complex ideas.
- Ability to communicate with the academic and scientific community and with society in general about their fields of knowledge in the ways and languages commonly used in their international scientific community.
- Ability to promote scientific, technological, social, artistic, or cultural progress in academic and professional contexts, within a knowledge-based society.
- Ability to operate in contexts where there is limited specific knowledge.
- Ability to find the key questions that need to be answered to solve a complex problem.
- Ability to design, create, develop, and undertake new and innovative projects in their field of knowledge.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team in an international or multidisciplinary context. To integrate knowledge, deal with complexity and make judgements with limited information.
- Intellectual critique and defence of solutions.
Disability Support Services
The Disability Support Services for students with special educational needs derived from disability inform, advise and support UCAM students. These Services provide them with assistance and resources adapted to their needs as university students.
The doctoral programmes will include organised aspects of research training which will not require to follow the ECTS credit structure, and which will include both transversal and specific training in the field of each programme. Nonetheless, the essential activity of the doctoral student will be research.
Doctoral Student Portal
Shortcuts to resources, tools and services for UCAM PhD students.
We want to help you start your research. This is why we provide you with all the help you need, from legislation to the different types of grants you can apply for to do your doctorate studies.